The following SWOT analysis identifies key Strengths and Weaknesses for PAL and describes the Opportunities and Threats facing PAL.
- Years of University research
- Only group producing said product in the United States
- Fish farmers willing to try different opportunities
- Lack of supply of product
- Lack of product recognition and familiarity among consumers
- Growing market with significant percentage of the total market still not aware that the Paddlefish Alliance exists.
- The ability to develop long- term commercial contracts which should lead to sustainability in the Alliance.
- The ability to develop an exclusive economic infrastructure in the State of Kentucky.
- Regulations arising from State and Federal Agencies
- Possibility of competition from other states or countries if we are slow to act.
To become a member, please complete the membership form. For more information on joining the Paddlefish Alliance, contact Dr. Steven D. Mims
Copyright 2012, Kentucky State University - Frankfort, KY 40601
Tim Parrott, Pres., Aquila International, Inc. Madisonville, Kentucky
Courtesy of Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest